CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1

Starting the Year Out Right

I like organization. If you took a look around my house at times, you wouldn't know it - but 2 kids under 5 can do that to the most organized person! But earning income from multiple sources, doing offers to earn money and other saving methods like couponing definitely require some kind of system.

There's no time like the first of the year to get things organized and/or put new systems in place. If you're planning to do anything I mentioned above, here are some suggestions for getting your ducks in a row for 2009:

  • Take advantage of the current sales on calendars and pick up a decent day planner. Get a daily one that allows you ample space to write on each day - not just weekly or monthly.
  • You might as well get a calendar too - to keep track of all the deadlines, etc. on all the great offers you'll be taking advantage of from Money Saving Methods this year.
  • Keep a Word file or Excel spreadsheet for working at home, to keep track of where you've applied and when.
  • Read my post about working at home and taxes so you understand how taxes will work if you're going to begin working at home this year.
  • Visit Mommy Snacks and check out these great files that Andrea has shared to help you track your savings all year.
  • Consider taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University if you haven't already. It's not just a program for getting out of debt but a great tool for making your money work for you.
These are some of the basics I've done to try and keep things in order. Organization really does save money! What kinds of things do you do to stay organized in relation to saving and making money?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your willingness to share your experiences with us. I check your blog often for WAH ideas and encouragement. Many blessings to you and your family. Happy New Year!

The Helman's said...

Hey Em! Long time no talk. I LOVE your blog, and I just wanted to post a comment that we LOVE Dave Ramsey in this household!!!!! He has done wonders for us! Hope you guys are doing well.

Fun Mom said...

Thanks! Im learning to stay organized with my one child! I love to be organized!
http://momsjustwannahavefun.blogspot.com
I post coupon giveaways sometimes if you are interested!

Nancy said...

Hi--I miss your posts and hope you post again soon!

Emily said...

Thanks everyone - I have taken a hiatus from blogging for now, trying to refocus and decide where to channel my energy...when I come across something great to pass on I'll always be sure to do so!