I like organization. If you took a look around my house at times, you wouldn't know it - but 2 kids under 5 can do that to the most organized person! But earning income from multiple sources, doing offers to earn money and other saving methods like couponing definitely require some kind of system.
There's no time like the first of the year to get things organized and/or put new systems in place. If you're planning to do anything I mentioned above, here are some suggestions for getting your ducks in a row for 2009:
- Take advantage of the current sales on calendars and pick up a decent day planner. Get a daily one that allows you ample space to write on each day - not just weekly or monthly.
- You might as well get a calendar too - to keep track of all the deadlines, etc. on all the great offers you'll be taking advantage of from Money Saving Methods this year.
- Keep a Word file or Excel spreadsheet for working at home, to keep track of where you've applied and when.
- Read my post about working at home and taxes so you understand how taxes will work if you're going to begin working at home this year.
- Visit Mommy Snacks and check out these great files that Andrea has shared to help you track your savings all year.
- Consider taking Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University if you haven't already. It's not just a program for getting out of debt but a great tool for making your money work for you.