CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 22

Merry Christmas!


This is the photo Christmas card my mom sent out this year. The angel on the left and the shepherd in the back with the blue shirt belong to me. It might be the one time she can get all six of her grandchildren kind of looking the same way for a photo at the same time!

Our church had an article in our bulletin about how often the true reason for the season is taken out so as not to offend anyone. Schools are changing their Christmas concerts to become "Winter concerts" and more people are wishing a more generic (but still sincere) "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greetings" instead of "Merry Christmas."

I personally seek out the more religious aspects of Christmas - sending cards featuring the Nativity instead of snowmen and Santa and incorporating an Advent wreath and calendar as well as reading Christmas stories from the Bible on Christmas morning. I have a lot to be thankful for each Christmas and I don't mistake who is responsible for that.

I'm going on a blogging hiatus for Christmas today unless I come across something too exciting to wait on. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and that you and your families are blessed with great health and joy during this blessed season.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Andrea @ Mommy Snacks.net said...

That is too cute!! Merry Christmas!

Mel said...

Emily, They are all SO CUTE!!!
Merry Christmas!
Melissa, Maddie & Sydney